My family-in-law bought me a Mr. Beer kit for my birthday this year, it came with an American Light HME (Hopped Malt Extract). It was a pretty simple simple and quick process all told.
- Can of the American Light HME
- Packet of yeast that came with the HME
- About 2 Gallons of water
About 2 gallons.
Followed the Mr. Beer instructions pretty much to the letter – except I sanitized everything a little more thoroughly, and made sure the water I used was free of bad little organisms (with campden tablets).
- Boil water
- Add HME to water, making sure to thoroughly mix it up
- Add mixture to 1 gallon of water in keg
- Pitch yeast, and let it sit for 2 weeks
- Bottle, adding a little sugar for carbonation, and wait/drink!
Nothing really exciting. I didn’t take any specific gravity readings, so I don’t know about how much ABV is it.
Pictures and Progress!
No pictures here! Got lazy and didn’t make any… perhaps for my next batch!