This post will probably grow over time. Using it as a place where I can put commands I use reguarly.
- ^b c New Window
- ^b , Rename Window
- ^b [0-9] Go to window [0-9]
- ^b l Go to last active window
- ^b n Go to next window
- ^b p Go to previous window
- ^b % Split (vertically) into 2 panes
- ^b % Split (horizontall) into 2 panes
- ^b o Next pane
- ^b [ Go into scroll mode (’q’ to get out of scroll mode)
- ^b : Go into command-mode, and issue commands like ‘resize-pane -L 30’
Force 256 color display
Most of the time, this should automatically get set, but I’ve run into issues w/ some VM configurations that I’ve only been able to get working correctly by forcing it.
set -g default-terminal "screen-256color"
- added horizontal split, command-mode shortcuts
- added note about forcing 256 color